Monday 11 August 2014

FATEPLAY Photo Competition

LET'S GO WEST WITH FATEplay

@ Android Six

 

I absolutely love Photo Competitions, they are so challenging and
i always get excited about them. 
 
I spend days looking for a location that fits the theme and mood 
and usually have to spend loads of time looking for the perfect outfit 
too, but FATEdesign made it easy for us this time.
 
The Competition is about their new line of FATEplay Clothing, you
can read about it at the Damien Fate Blog & see the entries HERE
 
When i first saw this outfit i half wished i was a guy, but then a 
dear friend of mine agreed to model for me so i breathed a sigh
of relief at not having the hassle of making a guy Avatar LOL!

My friend sure looks sexier in it than i would *grin*

The location i chose is an unusual place and really has nothing 
to do with cowboys or western themes but i really liked the 
mood and the buildings there, and i will have more to show later.

I have entered many photo competitions for the thrill of it, not 
expecting to win as for me its about the challenge and working 
the theme, about finding a location, the clothes, a pose...
its about setting the mood and teasing the right amount of 
shadows light and coloring to fit in with the theme, i love playing 
with wind-lights and sometimes forget the time when I'm trying out 
and adjusting them to make new ones... its about deciding whether

to go serious or funny...  and most of all....its about taking my 
viewers on the journey with me ... all this makes it incredibly 
exciting for me and when I'm finally satisfied with the shot 
and have posted it, i feel a great sense of achievement and hope 
that for a little while i can take you with me and that you get just as
lost in the image as i do.

I'm going to end this post today with a thought by Elliot Erwitt...
 
"Photography is the art of observation, it has little to do with the
 things you see, and everything to do with the way you see them."

  
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment